Egypt in October?

Sep 12th, 2000, 02:29 AM
Duc

Egypt in October?

We are ploanning a trip to Egypt from October 16 to 30.

Is this a good time to go.

Who are the best travel operators from the UK and what are the best cruises?

Thanks!

Sep 12th, 2000, 04:08 AM
Carrie

October should be okay, weather is still on the hot side.

I used Kuoni Travel for my Egypt trip and would recommend to anyone. I have travelled independently across Asia and Europe but Egypt is the only place I would go on package tour. Most Egyptian men seem to have no respect for women even if you dressed conservatively, they seem to think all non-muslim women are available for their sexual pleasure. The negative reports you read on papers or website (try lonely planet website) are true, so you either have a tour guide or go on package tour to avoid all the unpleasantness. Great sights though.

Sep 12th, 2000, 10:13 AM
Lee

Hi Duc,
We leave Oct. 2nd for a month of travel in Egypt, Israel & Jordan. Our American Express travel agent is originally from Cairo and returns frequently to visit. Our work schedules afforded either the months of March or October to travel and she recommended Oct. In January when we booked she warned us of frequent dust storms during March. She experienced them again this year during a family medical emergency trip home. Although it is still warm in the Nile cruise region, Cairo is not too hot in Oct. and certainly much cooler than summer months which are unbearably hot. As you are going in the later half of the month, it should be even better.
We are using Trafalgar tours just for Egypt, but you can find many great recommendations on this site for other companies. Just remember Egypt is not the place to scrimp on the cost as the cheaper tours can be very unpleasant.
Happy travels

Search this Thread