Egypt In November

Apr 14th, 2000, 04:34 PM
Joan & Richard Graybill

Egypt In November

We will be on a cruise visiting Egypt and need suggestions on what not to miss in the following places:
Port Said
Sharm El Sheikh
Safaga we will be here overnight.
Thanks.

Apr 18th, 2000, 01:49 PM
Tarek

In Sharm El Sheikh, try and go snorkelling (or diving) in the Ras Mohamed National Park. There are amazing sights just off the shores. Also, go visit Mount Sinai (be there for sunrise if you don't mind a huge crowd, otherwise go during the day). Depending how long you are staying, you might also want to go on a trip in the desert. There are many beautiful places, such as the colored canyon.
As for Port-Said, it still does have some of its old colonial charm, but it has unfortunately become a noisy and crowded city.
Finally, I don't know much about Safaga. I think that you can go on desert trips there too, and that there are also a couple of old Monasteries, but the main attraction there is the diving (and the snorkeling).

Apr 20th, 2000, 12:26 AM
Sheryl

Tarek gave you excellent advice. I agree with him completely on all counts. (I lived in Egypt for 10 years.) Port Said is barely worth a stop, the most is you can say you have been there. And Safaga is a diving/snorkeling place and not much else. Your most interesting part will be Sharm for the reasons Tarek has mentioned. I do love the Colored Canyon if you feel like trekking a bit.

Search this Thread