Egypt in Feb/Tour

Oct 13th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Egypt in Feb/Tour

Going in Feb on a Tauck Tour with my Mom. This must be Taucks maiden voyage into Egypt, they have excellent reviews elsewhere, but looking for any comments.

Plus, Feb. weather, what to pack? I gather it goes from fallish to chilly at night? Is there any need for summer stuff, shorts, sleaveless tops? What about swimwear for hotel pools and the like?

The Nile part is on the Abercrombie& Kent Nile Adventurer, any experiences?

Thanks for your help travellers! Sharon
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:32 PM

We went during X-Mas 03 and through the new year with A&K and here's my advice.

When we went Cairo was the coldest city light jacket during day time and heavy outer wear at night, especially if you're going to see the light and sound show(around 5 or 6 Celsius!). Abu Simbel, Aswan and Luxor the weather was warmer but at night it was still quite cold.

A&K has a few boat and we were on the Sun Boat 4. DON'T pick the lower level cabins, very noisy since the crew walk pass there and the hull is metal and you'll hear all sort of noises. Food was quite good for Egypt and they offer French wine for purchase at dinner. Didn't care too much for the local Egyptian wine! The guides were all very nice and we had a great time.
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:40 PM

... but it can also be warmer & even hot during the day -- especially in Luxor/Aswan. Take your swim wear and short sleeved tops. The climate you are from makes a difference. My Cairo friends were quite cold when I was in shirt sleeves.
Oct 14th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your advice!

Search this Thread