Egypt in Feb 2019 - Tour Operator Recommendation

Nov 26th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

Egypt in Feb 2019 - Tour Operator Recommendation

I'm planning for a 1 week family trip (me, wife and pre-teen daughter) to Egypt next Feb. I'm just beginning to do research and have a few questions.

First Question: Tour Operators.
I think we should probably work with a local tour operator to arrange for guides and transfers. We have traveled a bit but have never done this before. Can anyone share their experience? Any recommendation, positive and negative, would be greatly appreciated.

Linus
Nov 27th, 2018, 12:02 AM

We are typically do-it-yourselfers, but hired a driver and guide for our 3 days in Cairo a couple of years ago. Having someone else navigate transportation; guide us through crowded tourist attractions (and to properly licensed camel tour operators); and serve as a personal guide in the National Museum was definitely worth my time spent researching. We used a licensed guide through Viator, Hanan Salah and were quite pleased; though she herself did not serve as our guide, a bright, young member of her small team was an excellent substitute: professional, timely, knowledgeable, and willing to change the itinerary slightly to reflect our interests. She also guides in Alexandria and Luxor if those destinations are on your itinerary.

Good Luck!
Nov 27th, 2018, 07:53 AM
dcd

Last November we did a 12 day Egypt tour with Djed Travel which was wonderful. Private drivers and guides, all guides spoke good English, the 3 day Nile cruise in their small boat was a real highlight, nothing negative at all. Highly recommend them. Egypt was great, and CHEAP. And safe.

https://www.djedegypt.com

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...vernorate.html
Nov 27th, 2018, 05:24 PM

It depends on where are you going to stay? if you are just planning to visit Sharm el Sheikh or Hurghada. then you can even ignore working with a tour operator. but if you are planning to visit Cairo and Giza; Luxor and Aswan, then you may have the need to deal with a tour operator, as they include a lot of cultural and historical details, and the tour operator will support you a lot with that.
Nov 28th, 2018, 03:19 PM

We used Memphis Tours and can't speak highly enough about them. They met us at Cairo airport and whisked us quickly through Immigration. We did two days in Cairo and 5 days on the Nile. Our driver was phenomenal with driving in Cairo (not an easy city to navigate) and our guide was a fountain of knowledge. In Cairo it was just my hubby and myself, while on the cruise there were 7 of us. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Dec 4th, 2018, 11:44 PM

We also used Memphis Tours and they were good especially for airport, checking into the hotels and sorting problems, guides were okay although you are given the usual tourist treatment and knowledge was suspect at times. Overall I would recommend them.
Dec 5th, 2018, 12:32 PM

I plan to fly to Egypt at 19, but I do not know which tour operator to choose, who can advice?
Dec 5th, 2018, 12:33 PM

And if you can advise some good hotel in Hurghada ??
Dec 6th, 2018, 12:27 AM

I'd suggest Continental Hotel Hurghada, as it's a great five-stars hotel with a price of 3-4 stars hotels. Also, it has great reviews, and from what've heard it's one of the best options in Hurghada in general.
Dec 7th, 2018, 10:54 AM

Memphis here, too! Great company!
Dec 9th, 2018, 02:56 PM

Djed

Hello we have just returned from a private three week trip through Egypt with Djed tours and I can definitely give them a high recommendation. They were prompt, good to excellent guides, always checking with us to make sure everything was as we wanted, reasonable price and no stops for shopping unless we requested. We sailed aboard their Dahayiba which was amazing, clean, with excellent staff and food.

Search this Thread