Egypt Highlights Tour

Feb 24th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Egypt Highlights Tour

I'm planning to take the Queen of the Nile 8D/7N tour. Has anyone taken this tour?

Have you travelled on the M/S Nile Cruise? I'm a bit anxious about staying in a cramped room for 3 days. Will be going w/ my mother. Is the ship clean & comfortable?

Feb 24th, 2005, 10:21 PM

I have not been on this particular cruise ship, but I have been on the Oberoi Philae. The rooms on most cruise ships are small, but they probably are on any cruise ship - unless you're one of the Rockefellers. Anyway, we spent most of our ship time on deck, watching life along the banks of the Nile River. Our room was perfectly comfortable for sleeping!
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:22 AM
sandi

I don't believe anyone can be familiar with all the boats that cruise the Nile. That said, while I didn't have knowledge of cabin size (I don't do cruises) as compared to what many understand cruise ships to be, my travel partner did. She commented that the cabin on our boat - The Movenpick Radamis I - was surprisingly larger than on other cruises she had been. As to feeling or being cramped in a cabin for 3-days... except for sleep and changing clothing, we were rarely in our cabin. You're either on land visiting sights, eating meals or on the top deck enjoying the Nile as you cruise.

Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:38 AM
Original Poster

thanks for all your replies! I found a different tour from air link travel. Including stay at Conrad Cairo and 4 day/3 night Oberoi Cruise (not the Philae) for $845. Has anyone used them?

Search this Thread