Egypt Desert Safari

Jun 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Egypt Desert Safari

Still planning our November trip. One option is a 3 day, 2 night desert safari, and I wonder if anyone has done this. The description is below:
Day 1 - drive to Bahariya Oasis, check into hotel. Tour to visit Alexander the Great temple, hot spring, black mountain, salt lake, dinosaur area, and British castle for sunset view. Evening dinner at hotel, visit a Bedouin tent for traditional music.
Day 2 - Drive through desert to visit black desert, crystal mountain, lunch stop at Heiz Oasis, continue to old white desert and new white desert. Overnight camping.
Day 3 - Visit Agapat, the flower stone area, hot spring, mushroom mountain, back to Oasis, return to Cairo.

It sounds very different than the rest of the trip - just wonder if anyone has done this and what your opinions of it were.
Thanks.
Jun 18th, 2005, 12:31 PM

Yes, do take it! The desert is lovely and will haunt you. It's very unlike the rest of Egypt that you'll see on your trip.

Take a look at my very long trip report -- I think there are 4 entries. Somewhere in there is a discussion of the desert portion of my trip.

Search this Thread