Egypt and Tours off the Royal Olympic Voyager

Aug 15th, 2001, 10:27 AM
sue

Egypt and Tours off the Royal Olympic Voyager

Would appreciate any help regarding tours in Cairo, Alexandria, and/or Luxor from Royal Olympic's Voyager. Can't decide which to do: Cairo & The Pyramids of Giza; Cairo & The Pyramids of Sakkara; Cairo Overnight with Sound and Light Show; or a full day excursion of Luxor (requiring a plane ride up and back). Any suggestions...
Thank you.

Aug 17th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Sherry German

Hi: My Husband, myself, daughter, son in law and granddaughter along with his mother are going on the Olympic Voyager also we leave first part of Novemenber. I recently got a quote from my tour co. of 255 per person for an overnight in Cairo. Have you heard of anything better? That sounds really high considering we are not eating on the ship and they don't have to clean in the morning. I still have not gotten the itinary of what that all includes. Please let me know if you come up with something really great. I will let you know if I come across something good. Sherry

Aug 20th, 2001, 10:40 AM
sue

Sherry,

$255 is correct for the overnight in Cairo. There are also two different trips to the pyramids...$110/each and a plane trip to Luxor and back ($340)(same day -14-15 hours). We're just opting for the Pyramids of Giza tour. It appears there are all pretty pricey but I don't want to miss them either. Hope that helps. We're on the Voyager in late September.

Aug 21st, 2001, 10:46 AM
Patricia

First of all, skip the Sound and Light show if it means missing any of the other things you mentioned.

Take Cairo and Giza before Sakkara. There's not that much at Sakkara.

If Luxor includes the Valley of the Kings, don't miss it. And try to see Queen Nefertari's tomb, if possible. Only 150 a day can go through, so you have to be there early to get tickets. They're about $30 apiece. Gorgeous!

I was there last year and saw all the sights you mentioned.

By the way, you can take a taxi from Cairo for about $20 to Giza on your own.

Search this Thread