Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Classica Afria, Eyes on Africa or African Explorations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2004, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a trip to Botswana & Namibia. I have been in touch with African Explorations based in the UK, Classic Africa out of CT and Eyes on Africa based out of Chicago. If you have used any of these organizations or have any feedback, it would be appreciated. Carol
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 06:41 AM
sandi

cah125 -

The only company I am familiar with is Classic Africa, who are South Africans. They will create an itinerary to your specifications and their prices are very competitive (rather good, in fact).

Two separate groups of friends have used them and had only excellent raves about working with them.

Old Feb 1st, 2004, 12:11 PM

I consulted with them (Classic Africa) early in our planning process and they were great. The itinerary they built for us just didn't work out, but I liked they way they worked with me, and provided contact information for others who had recently taken the same trip.
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 01:49 PM

I'll be taking my third trip to South Africa in three years, all while using Pierre and Margaret who run Classic Africa. My travel experiences have exceeded my expectations...they have my strongest endorsement. The trips were flawless. Pierre travels to Southern Africa regularly, so he can visit the camps personally. This insures that you are getting the experience you want.
Enjoy your travels! : )
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 06:46 AM

My husband and I and another couple are taking a trip to South Africa, Zambia and Botswana in April 2004 that was planned by Classic Africa. So far we have nothing but great things to say about the experience. Pierre was extremely helpful in educating us and helping us build the itinerary that was right for our interests. We worked through mulitple schedule changes and got into all of the camps that we wanted (Singita, Mombo, Riverclub and Jao. Once your intinerary is finalized they provide you with your own customized web link that houses your intinary with hotlinks to information on all of the areas you will be visiting. It also has very detailed data on packing, health, photography, reading materials etc. We are so excited now that our trip is only seven weeks away. I would definitely recommend Classic Africa!