Search

Visa to enter Jordan

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2000, 06:09 PM
Phyllis

Visa to enter Jordan

If anyone has had recent experience crossing the border from Israel to Jordan, to visit Petra, please tell me if you can get a visa there,if it takes long and how much does it cost?Am I better off having the tour company's affiliate get the visa for a fee of $76 plus pictures?

Old Feb 13th, 2000, 05:22 PM
steve

Phyllis <BR>its not so much the Jordanian Visa which is only a few dollars but the Israel "exit" tax at US$50 per person that really hurts. We got a nasty surprise last year. <BR>regards <BR>Steve <BR>

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 06:23 AM
Phyllis

Phyllis, you can obtain a visa in advance for $44: <BR>Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan/Visa Section <BR>3504 International Drive N.W. <BR>Washington, D.C. 20008 <BR>Phone: 202 966 2861 ext 104 <BR>Fax: 202 686 44941 <BR> <BR>There is also an exit fee of about $12-13. <BR> <BR>[email protected]

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 10:28 PM
michelle

The Allenby/Hussein Bridge between Israel and Jordan has the highest Israeli exit tax: 140 NIS. The tax is shared between the Israeli and Palestinian authorities. The tax is not so steep at other crossings. You cannot get a Jordanian Visa at the Allenby/Hussein Bridge, but can get one at some of the other border crossings. You can get your visa independently from the Jordanian embassy and save yourself the tour company's surcharge. Although you can get Jordanian visas at some border crossings, alot of people recommend getting them in advance to minimize hassle at border crossings.

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 09:22 AM
jordanholiday tours

good day from amman/jordan <BR> <BR> for any information about jordan .pls email us or visit our web site at www.jordanholiday.com <BR> <BR>regards <BR>ali

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 07:49 PM
cary

I'd go with getting the visa before your travel to give you flexibility. I was in Israel a month ago and crossed overthe Sheikh Hussein Bridge near the Sea of Galilee. Had been in Jerusalem but had to schlep all the way up there (actually a hilarious taxi ride) because one can't get a visa at Allenby. The visa charges vary depending on nationality. USA is very high. Japan, on the other hand, is zero. UK is substantially lower. If you get it in advance, you save the hassle. The main problem is wasting time at the border. Otherwise very peaceful.