Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Editors: Please Kindly Reinstate Jasher (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/editors-please-kindly-reinstate-jasher-654774/)

stakerk Oct 24th, 2006 10:16 AM

Editors: Please Kindly Reinstate Jasher

Dear Turnstile Traffic:

Please kindly reinstate Jasher. He is a great contributor to this forum. We are especially looking forward to his report from his latest trip.

Again, thanks for reinstating Rocco and Eben.

We really appreciate this great forum you host.

Thanks again,

Kevin from California

cary999 Oct 24th, 2006 10:26 AM

Yes, as above, please.
regards - tom

matnikstym Oct 24th, 2006 11:01 AM

agree, julian was in tanzania when the stuff hit the fan! he's innocent!

moremiles Oct 24th, 2006 11:30 AM

Yes, please reinstate Jasher-he is a wonderful contributor to this forum!

sandi Oct 24th, 2006 11:42 AM

... besides, he has to finish his SA trip report; we want to read a trip report from his current trip; he maintains the Africa Photos Album thread.

thit_cho Oct 24th, 2006 11:48 AM

I didn't realize he was blocked (I thought he was in Tanzania preparing for his next trip report). I agree. If he is blocked, I kindly request that he be reinstated.

Michael

Guenmai Oct 24th, 2006 11:52 AM

What in the world is going on in this forum...all the drama....kicking people out and all? Thank goodness we don't have this kind of high-level drama over in the Asia forum. I hope those who have gotten kicked out...the ones who contribute loads of highly useful and FREE information...will be reinstated so that we can get on with planning our trips. Happy Travels!

Africa Oct 24th, 2006 12:04 PM

How many more people have been lost in the collateral damage? Get Julian back here, he's got unfinished business.

Actually....only let him back if he agrees to show us his Botswana photos ;)

LyndaS Oct 24th, 2006 12:12 PM

Yes, yes, <i>please reinstate Julian! He is a great loss to this forum and will be very much missed even for a short time!

He contributes such a wealth of information to all of us - the South African Trip Report Index, the Camp/Lodge photo index and his incredible detailed reports on where he has been recently!</i>

Matt_from_England Oct 24th, 2006 12:15 PM

And I need him to arrange a time and date for lunch in London. I didn't know he was one of the expelled either...

cynstalker Oct 24th, 2006 12:22 PM

Surely he must be subject to the same &quot;reinstatement terms&quot; as Rocco! But if not, he certainly needs to be reinstated!

Cyn

Calo Oct 24th, 2006 01:34 PM

Yes....we are all looking forward to his trip report to East Africa, particularly his stays at Sayari and Olakira where a couple of us are thinking of staying in 2008. He was also going to investigate a new camp going up at Tarangire. Please don't deprive us of hearing about these great opportunities for our future travels.

climbhighsleeplow Oct 24th, 2006 02:05 PM

Calo

What do want to know about Sayari and Olakira?

Many here have stayed at these camps over the last 2 years!

Also, Olakira is moving to one of its new locations in early December. In the future it won't be where it was this October!

cybor Oct 24th, 2006 02:35 PM

Dear editor,
Please allow Jasher back in. We'll miss his wisdom and good manners, if not allowed. Besides, who will we have to pick on :)
Respectfully yours;
Sherry

Calo Oct 24th, 2006 03:16 PM

Eben, Julian was going to look into triple tented accommodation at Sayari and Olakira and report back here. I found a picture on your site showing 3 beds/tent at Sayari, so obviously they do triples. Does Olakira offer the same? (This is for me and my 19 &amp; 22 year old kids...well, I guess they'll actually be 21 &amp; 24 when we go again!).

I am quite keen to stay at Sayari in June or July/08, but would consider Mbuzi Mawe over Olakira in an effort to save a bit of money.

In a previous post you had eluded to &quot;A new tented camp is being built very close to Tarangire River Camp (on the right just before one crosses the Tarangire River).&quot; I think Julian was going to try and find out about that too. Do you have any more information about this camp?

I wonder if you could also enlighten me on the Kirurumu Serengeti Camp? I found Kirurumu Loliondo Camp on your site, but not the other? Thanks, Eben!

climbhighsleeplow Oct 24th, 2006 04:00 PM

Calo

OK, That's easy!

Sayari and Olakira both allow triples - saving a bundle instead of one double + one single + single supplement!

The new Tarangire camp - Maybe Julian saw something to talk about but the camp still has ways to go. It's best to wait a bit with opinions I think.

Kirurumu Serengeti has 5 tents and is truly seasonal. They set up somewhere according to their booking schedule. The camp is more traditional but they know how to camp! Last I heard it was $270 rack per person. They will also allow triples for families.

By 08 there will be several new options to choose from!
Eben

jill_h Oct 24th, 2006 04:01 PM

Ok, so what did I miss? And how do you know someone has been exiled? When did this happen?

emdee Oct 24th, 2006 04:01 PM

Please reinstate Jasher. I too was looking forward to him completing the SA report and hearing what he had to say about Sayari particularly because I am booked to go there next august.

Calo Oct 24th, 2006 04:31 PM

Wonderful, thanks Eben!

&quot;By 08 there will be several new options to choose from!&quot;

This sounds exciting!! Of course, we'll have to be booking in 2007, so please keep us up to date on everything. You've been very helpful (as usual).

KIBOKO Oct 24th, 2006 05:02 PM

Dea Editor,

Please reinstate Jasher. His posts and pictures are an essential part of the Africa Forum.

Thanks,
cj