Eastern Cape vs Eastern Transvaal Safari

May 3rd, 2005, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

Eastern Cape vs Eastern Transvaal Safari

I'm trying to decide what to do. 3 nights in Schotia or 3 nights up in Timbavati. Timbavati is more expensive but I want to know whether in terms of game it is significantly better. I am going to be in Cape Town for four nights in early July and then want to do 3 nights safari with my 5 year old daughter. I have been to Ngala, Hwange in Zimbabwe and Zambia-would I be disappointed by the Eastern Cape? I do want her to be able to experience an authentic African safari and possibly Kruger would be better but would wecome any thoughts. Thanks in advance.
May 3rd, 2005, 11:27 PM

The Eastern Cape would be a different experience it is nowhere near as wild as Hwange, the area is a lot smaller which gives a higher density of Game.

Visit the Addo National Park and you will definitely see elephants and visit Schotia safaris to see lions.

Laibela Game Reserve has an excellent children’s program and Darlington Lake Lodge located within the National Park is also an excellent inexpensive option with buffalos and rhinos close by.

The area is also malaria free and will be ideal for your 5 year old daughter.

Search this Thread