East African Safari Air

Aug 19th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

East African Safari Air

Has anyone had problems with this airline? Our travel agent just told us our flight from Zanzibar to Nairobi had a schedule change BY ONE FULL DAY, which throws a wrench in our whole departure from NBO and makes buying new tickets on a separate carrier necessary. AGHHH!
Aug 20th, 2004, 05:10 AM
sandi

styleoracle - sorry to hear about this snag, but East African Safari Air has been in business since '89, and if they can get you where you're going - go for it. I gather that even if you get back from Zanzibar to NBO the following day, your original carrier has no seats available for your homebound flight? Or just no business class? I don't recall which carrier you were originally scheduled to fly, but has your TA checked whether there were seats available on the other major carriers? If there aren't and East African Safari Air is all that is available - hey, if it's going where you need to get, do it.

So I guess you get an extra day in Zanzibar! Not so terrible. Don't most of us wish to extend our vacations? You know what they say? "$%#*&-happens" - So, just go with the flow!

Aug 20th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Just got word that East African Safari Air went bankrupt and out of business two weeks ago!
Aug 23rd, 2004, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

In researching my defunct ticket, I have discovered that East AFrican Safari Air is NOT bankrupt, in fact, they are in service, however they have had lots of schedule changes lately. FYI

Search this Thread