Reload this Page >

East Africa Safaris: Richard Bonham&Flametree

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 1997, 09:04 AM
Rick and Kitty Hilsabeck

We are planning a 17 day trip to Kenya/Tanzania in September '97. We read one article particularly recommending two safari operators; Richard Bonham Safaris and Flametree Safaris, but have been unable to find any more specific info on them. Has anyone out there had any experiences with either of these two operators, or have any other recommendations other than the ubiquitous Abercrombie and Kent? Also, the month of July is our alternate time of travel, although we must act soon to book then. How do July and September compare in regard to the best time to visit? Many thanks!

Old Mar 31st, 1997, 05:55 AM
Chris Jones.

Jambo.

As to your question time to go to Kenya definitely September before July as you will have a good chance of seeing the huge migration of animals between Serengeti and Masai Mara somthing unique.

As for Safari companies I dont the names you mentioned as we always use a company calle Private Safaris.

Have a good time and remember rest up by the beach in Mombassa go for the Diani Beach area much, much better than the north beach.

Old Apr 8th, 1997, 06:06 PM
Julie Smith

I'm not a travel agent - just someone who has been to East Africa many times. In June this year I am taking 6 friends to Kenya and Tanzania on a 16 day trip which is broken up into two safaris and 3 nights in Zanzibar plus the Mombasa - Nairobi train trip and a few nigths in Mombsas etc. Plans are rolling along well for this - I'm booking part of it through people I know there and the other half I'm organizing myself.

I have a few good contacts - one fantastic walking safari in particular, but it really depends on what you want to do and how you want to travel, ie with a guide, totally pre-booked etc? And I guess at the end of the day - how much you want to pay.

But feel free to e-mail me direct (not through Fodors, I don't check it that often) to [email protected]

Regards

Julie Smith

Old Apr 25th, 1997, 01:42 PM
Eileen

Hi Richard. I'm also planning to go to Kenya, I believe in Sept (migration season). I've done lots of research and have narrowed my search to the following: Park East Tours (212-765-4870)--I had a friend who went with Park East and he raves. Also, Special Interest Tours and Travel looks good; a little more nature oriented.

Let me know if you find out any other good places. Good luck! Maybe I'll see you there!

Old May 19th, 1997, 03:33 PM
nancy sommer

We traveled for 17 days in east africa with Micato safaris, a small family operation. Wonderful hosts, guides, vehicles and accomodations. Highly recommended.