East Africa compared to S.E.Asia??

Jul 26th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Sarah Rey

East Africa compared to S.E.Asia??

Having been spoilt travelling in South East Asia what is it going to be like travelling to East Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe? I am used to being able to find quality accomodation, air-con taxis etc and going out in the evenings. Anyone who understands what I mean and has travelled in Asia and has also travelled in Africa ? Grateful for any advice, thanks.
Sarah

Jul 27th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Paulo

I think you will be in for quite a shock travelling to those countries after Asia! Even Nairobi airport is old and in town you must not go walking around at night. For Zambia there are a couple of decent hotels in Lusaka but nothing like you would find in S.E.Asia. Suggest you read-up and be prepared!
Paulo

Jul 29th, 2001, 08:55 AM
sarah

Thanks Paulo, Iguess I must be prepared. In Nairobi , Lusaka or Harare
what are best restaurants/night life? I am booked at Intercontinentals in both Nairobi and Lusaka and Sheraton in Harare, how do these measure-up ?

Aug 6th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Hendrich

I think you should stick with the people on your tour, or if on business with the advice of contacts. Nairobi nor Lusaka or Harare are places where you can even 'dream' of going out around town on your own. Good luck.

Search this Thread