Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Easiest way to get from Charles De Gaulle Airport to Nancy

Easiest way to get from Charles De Gaulle Airport to Nancy

Jul 16th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Easiest way to get from Charles De Gaulle Airport to Nancy

Hi there, i am planning to travel to Nancy, France in August and i will be travelling by myself from Johannesburg, South Africa. I have never been to France! I would like to know the easiest way to get from Charles De Gaulle to Nancy. I am very nervous, because i have checked for some transportation ways and it looks soooo complicated!! Do you by any chance know the fees aswell.
Jul 19th, 2012, 05:39 PM

In reverse, a few years ago, we took the high speed train from Nancy to Paris and then grabbed a cab to the Marriott where we spent the night at CdG. This was very easy. Friends opted to switch trains in Paris to take the metro on to CdG (instead of hopping in a cab with us) and it was a hellish trip with luggage etc.

Going to Nancy from Paris, we took the direct high speed train from Paris. It was a few hours travel and all very easy. We opted for a first class seat which we thought was reasonable, was definitely comfortable and had storage for our bags. I don;t remember the exact price but I want to say around $125 per ticket (2009).

BTW, Nancy was fabulous!

Search this Thread