E-Trip Africa for Kilimanjaro Climb

Feb 20th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

E-Trip Africa for Kilimanjaro Climb

We have been planning our Lemosho 9 day climb for a while now. It is crazy how many companies exist (or maybe don´t really exist). Right now we are really leaning towards a company called E-Trip Africa (http://www.etripafrica.com). The price is very reasonable, expecially compared to the other American companies we contacted. There is not much as far as reviews, found only 5 (which were all good to great). If anyone has any extra information or has any negative experiences with them, it is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

The Exploerer
Feb 20th, 2013, 07:29 AM

Your link is broken, Fodors has a problem when there is a closing parenthesis after a link. This one should work:
http://www.etripafrica.com/#/Lemosho_9/

I have no knowledge of this company but glad to see their route includes three nights camped ~13,000 for acclimatization. That should greatly increase your enjoyment of summit day. Have a great trip, Kili is a superb hike!
Feb 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM

My DH and I have not climbed Kili but, when traveling through Tanzania and Kenya for six weeks on two separate occasions, we met many groups who had made the climb. Their experiences varied greatly, and it seemed that they were either amazing or poor - very little in between. It also seemed to be a classic case of getting what you pay for - those who had paid a little more seemed to have a more positive experience. Those who had tried to cut costs (and usually climbed too quickly) seemed to have paid the price.

If it were me, I would contact the company and ask for several references. I would then contact the people who have climbed with the company and ask them about their experience. Kili can be a dangerous place - you want to be in good hands! CR
Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your advice canadian_robin. The company gave me several references. I have spoken with a few at random and every one had great things to say. Even one climber that had some bad luck with rain for his entire climb.

I have also seen that there are many shady looking cheap guys out there. It seems like E-Trip is in the middle and that they have started with a good reputation, even though it is limited.

Thanks again for your advice. We understand that Kilimanjaro can be very dangerouse. We did ask how the guides were about watching the state of the people. And I sounds like they are very professional, checking blood oxygen no less than twice a day, and really talking it up to see how the people on the trek are feeling.

I will update you on our trek plans and then a report after.

Search this Thread