Durban or Garden Tour

Feb 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Durban or Garden Tour

Hi! We are two couples in our 60's, going to South Africa for two weeks in September with four nights in Capetown, 2 in wine country and four on safari...My question is would it be more interesting to see the Garden area or spend a couple of nights in Durban. We like everything! Also has anyone flown South African Air??? Thanks so much for any and all input.
Feb 4th, 2013, 11:06 AM

Personally, if it were me, I would not do either - I would takes those two nights and spend 6 nights on safari - 3 nights each at two different camps. I have been to Durban and driven the Garden Route several times and, given the choice, I would spend more time on safari.

We have flown SAA many times - they are a very reliable/good airline. CR
Feb 5th, 2013, 03:49 PM

Hello leepaul,

I would most certainly do the Garden Route. It will make you appreciate the beauty of the coastline.

Enjoy the planning.
Feb 5th, 2013, 10:35 PM

I wouldn't consider two nights in Durban. The Garden Route offers stunning scenery. More time on safari offers time away from the real world and, possibly, amazing experiences not found anywhere but Africa. You choose which interests you more. By the way, when people talk about how Africa "gets under your skin" and "makes you long to return" it's usually safari they're speaking of.

Search this Thread