Durban /North Coast/ South Coast:

Dec 1st, 2005, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Durban /North Coast/ South Coast:

Hi everyone. We're UK citizens seeking readers who have experienced the Kwazu-Natal region of South Africa. In January/february 2006, my wife and I have 3 weeks of clear time in which to explore the eastern coast of SA. We have (deliberately)not booked any accommodation at all (apart from our first few days when we're staying with friends in Jo'burg)because we'd like to 'wing it' this time. We've stayed in Cape Town (2 weeks in 2004), done the Kruger Park for 4 days and have come back again to see more of the country.
We love sunny weather, beaches, food and drinks type of holiday. We love game parks too - but we don't want to rough it TOO much! We will of course consult our Jo'burg friends' advice also, but the more information we have the better.
We will be driving a lot, but we also plan to fly down south again to do the Garden Route for a few days. It's going to be a busy trip I think!
If we like a place we'll stay longer; if we see somewhere better to stay we'll move on. Should be great! Any comments and/or advice would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.
Steve and Yvonne.

Search this Thread