Notices

Dubai Tours

Jul 31st, 2006, 01:45 AM
Original Poster

Dubai Tours

We are going to be in Dubai in September. Anyone familiar with a company called Desert Rangers? We are thinking of booking a desert sundowner safari with them?Do they use the same locations for the dinner as the other companies, such as Arabian Adeventures? Is this touristy?
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:47 AM

Hi

My wife and I went to Dubai a few years back and we went on a desert safari. Yes, it was touristy but it was still great fun I have posted a trip report with some pictures from our trip to Dubai on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm . Maybe you can get some useful info there. Are you guys from Malaysia? My wife and I went there in March and we had a good time.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:07 AM

Hi,
I live in Dubai and Desert Rangers seem to have the same reputation as most of the smaller Desert tour companies. Many of the smaller companies group together or "buy in" to one of the bigger camps in the desert for the Dinner. You can book the tours through the hotel concierge as well. Arabian Adventures is one of the biggest Destination companies and they are well thought of.

As far as Touristy goes, they are all touristy but I've gone on 4, as I have had to join every visiting friend. They have been different companies everytime but essentially identical and always a good time.

If you have any other questions, just ask away...

Aug 15th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response everyone. Snuttis, what are the must dos in Dubai re sightseeing? We are doing the desert safari dinner through Arabian Adventures. What is the Park Hyatt like? Any info will be appreciated...thanks.

Search this Thread