Dubai Stopover / Hotel Suggestions...

Mar 6th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Original Poster

Dubai Stopover / Hotel Suggestions...

Has anyone stayed at the Marco Polo Hotel in Dubai? I am considering it for a one night stopover (travelling from Brisbane to Frankfurt with Emirates).

My husband and I are travelling with our 10 month old daughter in May. Any recommendations?

The Marco Polo Hotel seems to be one of the few with 24 hour check-in. Our flight arrives in Dubai at 6:25am and departs the following day at 8:25am.

Also, on our return flight we are in Dubai for nearly 10 hours between flights. Is there somewhere to sleep on-site at the airport (remembering we have a 10 month old) or would we have enough time to stay in a hotel?? What would you do....
Mar 7th, 2005, 02:04 AM

Don't know the Marco Polo, the Golden Tulip Aeroplane Hotel is about 15 mins from the airport AUD 118 a night.

What are they charging you for the Marco Polo?

I guess by 24 hr check in you mean giving you a room early. If they have offered you this and the price is right then sounds good, but 'quietly' if you arrive with a 10 month old baby I think you stand a very very good chance of getting a room 'fast'. For the 10 hours on the return, well, you could make do with the transit rooms, small but they should be adequote.
Mar 9th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Original Poster

Hi JamesA,
The Marco Polo is AUD $180 for an Emirates Stopover Package (includes Buffet breakfast and transfers).

What do you mean by transit rooms? Are these in Dubai Airport? Do you have to reserve one or is it just a common lounge area open to everyone?
Mar 10th, 2005, 02:52 AM

Small I guess you could say motel standard rooms, they can be available but probably wiser to book in advance, otherwise just get a place close to the airport.

Search this Thread