Dubai in May/June?

Feb 21st, 2006, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Dubai in May/June?

Can anyone tell me if going to Dubai will be absolutely unbearable in late May? We would really like to go for 3 nights, going to the water park and an overnight desert safari. No need to walk around the city or sunbathe. We've looked at the weather forecasts for that time of year and clearly it is hot, but I've personally never been so hot that I haven't been able to swim or enjoy a water park, but I'm getting the sense even those might be out of the question! Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Feb 21st, 2006, 04:39 AM

We went to Dubai early last June. It was 47C at the hottest part of the day! We found it impossible to swim in the daytime and used to take a swim around 6pm when it had cooled down. We did go to the water park in the afternoon and it was surprisingly cooler in there than it was on the outside. Just a note on the safaris, I am not sure whether they run at that time of year, as it's so hot.
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:44 AM

if you really want to enjoy the city, I would not go in late may, unless you are going to enjoy 5 star hotel service, excellent shopping, many of the other indoor activities Dubai offers. Maybe you can go and instead of the water park, you can ski in the summer at their new indoor ski park.
Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:01 AM

We were in dubai at the end of May a few years ago & it was very hot. We relaxed reading under our umbrella until about 4pm then sunbathed or went to cool off at the Wadi Wadi, we were staying at the Jumeirah Beach hotel with the Wadi water park next door so it was great. We went back the year after in October & I have to say the temperature was ideal but we've decided to go again at the end of May this year so as you can see it didn't bother us that much

Search this Thread