dubai for 5 days

Aug 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

dubai for 5 days

Hi All,

We (four of us) are planning a 5 day (4 nights) trip to Dubai end of August. Our tentative itinerary looks something like this:

Day 1: Arrive Dubai in morning and check in hotel at Bur Dubai ... what can we do in the afternoon since have got 8 Pm tickets booked for "At the Top".
Day 2: Still to plan may be a desert safari at 3 PM .. what can we do in the morning
Day 3: 11Am Dolphin show ... still to plan the rest of the day
Day 4: Change the hotel to Atlantis .... is there anything we can do before going to Atlantis
Day 5: More or less within the hotel and then leave for the airport at night

Need your plan in closing the loose ends on Day 1 to Day 4. What are the must dos besides the ones already included above....

Which malls are near to Bur Dubai ....

Thanks in advance
Aug 3rd, 2013, 05:02 AM

Perspective. The desert safaris are ok, but quite touristy. The Burj, souk and hotels are quick visits unless one stays for a meal. The dhow rides are fun but somewhat short. The islands are better from the air. And the shopping center only has its size going for it (ok, maybe the ski slope, too); otherwise it's similar to any other mall. Unless one gets out to the other emirates or Oman or maybe Kuwait, Dubai is but a 3 day destination.
Aug 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM

We did a three day layover in June & loved every minute of it - expensive, but we loved it!

I just wanted to pop in though and say that our highlite was doing the desert safari, I had read that they were quite touristy so I was worried about that. But, I did a ton a research and chose Platinum Heritage Tours - it was awesome! It's a small group safari, no dune bashing, but just good fun driving through the desert to the dinner in 1950's Land Rovers. We stopped to look at some sand gazelle, climbed a dune to look at the Oryx, and then stopped for a fabulous falconry demonstration - those birds sure can swoop! The final stop was the open air camp for dinner - there was about 30 of us there & the food was delicious! They had henna painting, camel rides, shisha, and a lovely local lady that danced.

All in all it was a terrific experience - I put a lot of research into all of the companies in Dubai that offered this & I sure am glad we chose this one!
Dec 10th, 2013, 04:43 AM

Consider going to Abu Dhabi just to see the amazing new mosque there. You do have time for this. Yes, it is at most a 2hour drive (depending on traffic) but I have heard people say that it is more than worth the trouble - extensive use of marble and dripping with crystal chandeliers!

Search this Thread