Dubai budget hotels

Feb 19th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Dubai budget hotels

Is anybody out there familiar with the following hotels in Bar Dubai.

Regal Plaza
La Merinda Apartments
Pink Hotel

We are planning a Stopover with Emirates and these are the only hotels in the area that are in our price range. Unfortunately our normal internet sites for reviewing hotels come up very empty on all 3 of these.
Feb 21st, 2005, 10:40 PM

ttt
Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:42 AM

Is a stopover for just one night - what time is flight out etc. I have just moved here and my office is in Bur Dubai while until a couple of weeks ago I was staying at MArriott Exec Apts. The traffic in past 8 mths has become appalling here and going across the bridge from Bur Dubai to Marriott (same trip to Airport) would take 25-30 mins for a 5 minute journey (another 5-10 to airport) on equivalent of Sunday and it once took me 70 minutes. So if it was a one night stay I would be tempted to stay on Deira side - Millennium Hotel was recommended to me, or Sofitel Residence/Apts which are just above one of the biggest shopping malls in Dubai. Also look at St George Hotel - close to Gold Souk. If I notice any of the hotels you mention I will let you know - but although Dubai has some great 5 star hotels, alot of 3 star ones in Bur Dubai are well past sell by date and are positively grim looking from outside.
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:55 AM

It will be for two nights. We arrive i Dubai at 5:45 and leave around 7:00 two days later.

Good to know about the traffic though. Wasn't aware of the situation.

Thanks

Search this Thread