Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

...if I have ever seen magic, it has been in Africa...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Kavey

A fellow Africa Fodorite sent me the following quote in an email.<BR><BR>I would like to share it with you all...<BR><BR>Kavey<BR><BR><BR><BR>&quot;I believe there is no sickness of the heart too great it cannot be cured by a dose of Africa. Families must go there to learn why they belong together on this earth, adolescents to discover humility, lovers to plumb old but untried wells of passion, honeymooners to seal marriages with a shared sense of bafflement, those shopworn with life to find a tonic for futility, the aged to recognize a symmetry to twilight.<BR><BR>I know this all sounds a bit much, but if I have ever seen magic, it has been in Africa.&quot; <BR> <BR>John Heminway, African Journeys <BR>

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Gina

Thank you Kavey. I agree. Africa is such magic that I want to go back and experience more and more. We already been twice in Kenya and three times in the Seychelles. I'm ready to go back

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 08:11 PM
thewanderingwakefields

Now you have gotten me really excited, we are booked for our first trip to Africa (Kenya) for Christmas...actually, I guess you would say it is our second, as last Christmas we spent in Morocco

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Discoveretheworld

Hi thewanderingwakefields <BR>You tell us about your stay in Morocco and we will tell you more about the country club where you will be staying for a whole week.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 06:21 AM
charlene

ok, I will post in a new post!