Notices

Driver Needed

Apr 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Driver Needed

I am going to be in Morocco for a week in July with my husband and three sons before traveling on to Spain. I have our itinerary set and was initially thinking about using trains but am reconsidering hiring a driver. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thank you!
Apr 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM

In general I use trains and the occasional bus in Morocco. But on each trip there seems to be an occasion for hiring a "grand taxi" (car & driver). I've always requested my accommodation arrange it for me and they always have. So I'm suggesting you might try the same, use the trains when it's logical to do so from city to city, and hire a car & driver when you want to get a bit off the beaten path. Or regular taxis in town. It would be considerably less expensive and, I think, more interesting.
Apr 19th, 2013, 06:43 PM

JL:

Drive yourself for complete independence. We did about 1500-1800 miles on a month visit..roads are OK and well-signed..little or no traffic, plenty of petrol stations. Come and go as you please...the only way to go. In all our years of world wide travel, we have mostly driven...not a problem.
Left-hand drive in Maroc...make sure you and the rental agent inspect the car before you leave..and take pix if warranted.
The only place I would suggest you hire a driver to drive your car would be in the Merzouga, Erg Chebbi, Rissani area/ You can hire one at any hotel in Erfoud...our trusted guy cost $18 for a full day.
stu
Apr 19th, 2013, 07:59 PM

Topping

Search this Thread