Dress Casual

Jun 11th, 2000, 01:37 PM
Linda

Dress Casual

Hello, all,

My travel agent has suggested that we take dress casual clothing (blazer, sport coat) for the better Cairo restaurants. Our tour company allows only one bag (a surcharge for more)and we hestitate to take the extra items unless we absolutely have to.

If we bring nice skirts/slacks and blouses/shirts, will this suffice in Cairo restaurants? I'd appreciate learning about your experiences.

Thanks.

Jun 11th, 2000, 02:33 PM
Karen

We found that slacks and nice polo shirt for my husband and skirt/dress slacks and a blouse for myself were very sufficient for the better Cairo restaurants. Most we frequented had only fans or the breeze for cooling; so take linen, cotton, or something cool. Have a great trip.

Jun 12th, 2000, 07:06 PM
Tom

Hi,

Other than one night when we opted to have dinner at the Al Rubayyat at the Mena House, when all the men had suits or sportjackets on (we found out a few minutes into our meal that a prince and his new wife from Japan were guests at the restaurant that night and were sitting not far from us with a large assembly trailing - and professional entertainment for the occasion), I felt perfectly comfortable at dinners in a decent slacks and a long sleeve shirt. Short sleeve shirts at dinner was, I was told, considered in poor taste.

Search this Thread