Dragoman--Istanbul to Cairo

Jul 6th, 2002, 09:17 AM
lb

Dragoman--Istanbul to Cairo

Thinking of going with Dragoman on their 4 week Istanbul to Cairo trip. Wonder if anyone (also middle-aged-UGH)has done a similar trip with them and what were their experiences? Also should I anticipate any problems with this itinerary because of my being American (understand everyone else is from UK, Australia or New Zealand)

Jul 6th, 2002, 05:27 PM
April

Are you sure everyone will be from just those three countries? I went on a trip in east Africa that might have been of a similar type (different outfit). There were also Canadians and Dutch people and on the following trip, a couple of Italians. Our group ranged in ages from 20s to 60s, singles and couples.

I don't know if yours is a similar kind of trip where you pitch in with chores and cover a lot of territory - if so, I'd have to say it was a bit rough, but a great experience. On the plus side you may see a lot and get off the beaten path; on the negative, being on the move so much can be wearing. It sounds like a fascinating trip. I'd say go while you're relatively young.

Jul 10th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Eunice

We just finished a 7 week overland truck trip (Worldwide Adventures) from Nairobi to Cape Town. It would have been a great time except for the stereo on the truck. All the other travelers were 20-30 from UK, Australia and New Zealand and the loud constant "music" nearly drove us to distraction (we are 58&60) so if you think this would be an issue with you I would consult with the company.

Jul 10th, 2002, 05:00 PM
April

That is a point, Eunice. Our truck had a cassette player on it but luckily it wasn't used too often. One day though, while we were animal viewing, one girl said - as if she was at some party not out in the middle of Africa, "Let's have some music!" Thankfully the crew had the good sense to tell her that it might scare the animals away and that was the end of it.

Search this Thread