Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Trying to find info. on Kayaking or Boat Trips in the Storms River Mouth in the Garden Route, SA...

Search

Trying to find info. on Kayaking or Boat Trips in the Storms River Mouth in the Garden Route, SA...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Lynn

Hello!<BR><BR>I will be staying at Kurland near Plettenberg Bay, and cannot wait to visit Tsitsikamma National Park, ESPECIALLY Storms River Mouth.<BR><BR>There was a picture on i-escape.com, which showed what looked like either a small boat or kayak touring the breathtaking Storms River Mouth.<BR><BR>I, however, cannot find any info. on a good tour company to book a trip like this with (just for the day). Could anyone point me in the right direction?<BR><BR>I saw this picture at i-escape.com, in the review for Kurland.<BR><BR>Thank you!!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:30 PM
alison

Hi. try www.stormsriver.com. all the different adventures are listed there. Please be sure to let me know what adventures you do in this area if you go before December 2002. we will be staying in Knysna then and plan to visit plett bay area and I would love to hear how your trip goes. you can email me directly at [email protected].

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 09:39 PM
local

Lynn<BR><BR>I do not have first hand experience of this but you may get some information on the following websites -<BR><BR>www.gardenroute.org/tsitsi/index.htm<BR>www.plettenbergbay.co.za<BR>www.sunco ast.co.za<BR>www.tsitsikamma.net<BR>www.ectourism. co.za<BR><BR>Enjoy your trip!!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 01:27 PM
nikki

Hi Lynn, we went with Ocean Adventures www.oceanadventures.co.za for dolphin and whale watching in Plettenberg Bay (recommended) and Storms River Adventures - www.stormsriver.com for the storms river 30 minutes boat trip. You can also walk along the edge of Storm's river on board walks. (nikki from i-escape.com)

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Lynn

Hi everyone!<BR><BR>Thanks so much for your quick responses and all the help!<BR><BR>Nikki - your trip looks like it was incredible! Thanks for all the info and great reviews!