Dragoman Adventure Tours

Nov 9th, 1999, 12:54 PM
Margi

Dragoman Adventure Tours

Our daughter is living in London and is keen to travel to South Africa. I came across Dragoman tours on the internet and sent off an email asking for prices. I haven't heard back from them yet and I was wondering if anybody has been on one of their tours and whether they'd recommend it.

Nov 10th, 1999, 06:21 AM
Angie

Margi...Dragoman will most likely get back to you through a travel agent that represents them in your area if you are not in the UK. There are many companies that run the 'overlands' in Africa...Kumuka (I took this one, it was great), Guerba, Acacia, just to name a few. Dragoman was a bit more expensive then the above but all seem to have good reputations. There are loads of travel agents/companies in the Earls Court area of London and I would also recommend Travel Cuts there. There is a free weekly magazine in London called TNT which caters to the 20-30 year olds from abroad that are working in the UK. It has loads of travel companies listed in it. I don't know if any of this would appeal to your daughter (I'm making a lot of assumptions) but let me know if you need other info.

Nov 10th, 1999, 12:16 PM
Margi

Angie, Thank you for replying. We actually have two daughters in London, our eldest has been living there for 5 years. They said they have the TNT magazine you mentioned and that it is much easier for them to make enquiries from their end, which I now realise. Every bit of information is useful and I will pass your reply on to them. Once again thank you.

Dec 6th, 1999, 02:30 PM
cat

hi, i took Africa Explored when i went this summer, and found them great. Their main advantage is that theyt end to be younger people (students)and they are considerably cheaper than the more up-market ones.
Also Economic Expeditions is reputed to be good.their number is 0181 995 7707.

Search this Thread