Does Kruger in February make sense?

Nov 19th, 2002, 11:01 AM
gil

Does Kruger in February make sense?

We are going to Johannasburg, Garden Route, Cape Town, and Victoria Falls during the 2nd and 3rd week in February. Also included is a 2 day visit at a lodge in the Timbavati Reserve, East of Kruger. Most of what I read says this will be hot (40C), wet, and we won't see many animals because of the foliage. Can anyone tell me if this is so, and if it is worthwhile going, as I will be in the neighborhood, so to speak. Thanks, Gil

Nov 19th, 2002, 11:30 AM
x

Go to www.malamala.tv, access game sightings (updated every 4 days) and you tell us!

Give a wave to Mark and Elvis - and remind them, when we say we saw a rhino, it was no kudu. They'll remember.

And my best to Peter, the manager, and the loyal staff, Michelle and Sharon. Thanks for cashing all those travellers checks at a favorable rate.

Sort of Prairie Home Companion, Kruger style.

Nov 19th, 2002, 05:19 PM
gil

Thanks...I saw the latest photos, quite impressive. 'Just wonder, did you go in the summer (Jan-Feb), and if so, how bad was the heat/humidity combination?

Nov 20th, 2002, 07:03 AM
x

Nope, at MalaMala this fall, approaching their summer,when the weasther was somewhat cool and we had a light rain once or twice. Evenings probably in low 60s. Very few leaves on the trees because the rainy season had not begun. If going to MamaMala, Kirkman's Kamp is very nice - but don't know about Harry's Camp and Main Camp. If you're planning to drive in that area let me know - I may have a tip or two for you. When I was there, many animals, but one had to go find them. Saw the so-called big five, plus many others.

Search this Thread