Does Emirates Airline allow transit in Dubai stopover

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am Msian living in UK planning to take Emirates Airline flying to Malaysia n change of plane at Dubai. I saw the inbound to UK arriving 10.30pm n leaving Dubai 2.30pm to London is ideal for me to see around Dubai.

Does the Airline/authority allow me for sightseeing? Do I need a visa & fees to pay?
Thank you.
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 05:36 AM

You will be able to book everything with Emirates - hotel, visa etc etc.,

FYI - Dubai is over-hyped. Don't expect too much!
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Tq. I also read the visa is $180 one way, a rip-off n perhaps also another fees to go out. I should forget visiting Dubai for above exploitation to come! Cheerio HariS
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 07:21 AM

Visa is much cheaper, I don't remember how much but certainly not $180. It's easy to get out of the airport when you are transit. There is a bus station outside the airport; the bus will take you to a big mall in the city centre. From there you can hop on another bus that tours Dubai. If I remember correctly there are two different routes you can choose from. The tour is about 3-4 hours. There are offices in the airport where you can find out everything (timetables, prices etc) in detail.
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 07:25 AM

Suggest you inquire of Emirates directly for what is allowed: stop over, for how many hours, whether Visa required, cost (may vary depending on passport under which you travel), anything else as hotels, sightseeing (on the latter two they may direct you to the Dubai tourist webssite).
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 10:29 PM

If there are no other flights out, you can take advantage of Emirates long stopover policy, where they put you up at a local hotel for free. Once at the hotel, there is a tour counter you can utilize, or taxis to take you around. As long as you are with Emirates program, they will give you a transit visa.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM

I did just what you are asking about in February on my way to India. I think there was no charge for a transit visa, if I remember correctly. (I am a US citizen - I believe this also applies to citizens of many other countries, according to this: http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-arriva...ionalities.php)

As you exit arrivals, you pass through an area where you can link up with drivers and tours. I hired a driver to give me a tour of the city sites I was interested in, stopping to shop, get lunch, etc, and then return me to the airport for my flight. I believe I paid the equivalent of approximately $35 US for about 3.5 hours.