Search

Dick Snyder

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Snyder

I figured you might be getting back from your Southern Tanzania trip. I want to hear and see all about it.
Any time frame on the report and album? Liz
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 10:30 AM

Liz I did see a post by Dick yesterday so he is back. He mentioned working on his trip report. I too am very keen to hear his opinions as Southern Tanz is where we are thinking of heading next.
J
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Jules, I thought it was early July.
I sure miss all of you guys. Sometimes its worse than others and sometimes it just gnaws at me, but I really am not in the Africa mode, so to speak, so I don't think I fit in anymore. I do want to get Dick's impressions on the southern route. Ruthie did such a good job with hers and Dick's should just "add to the fire" that burns in a true Africaholic's soul. Liz
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 11:32 AM

Liz,
You are sorely missed here. You have no idea how often people bring your most recent trip report up.

And you're not the only one waiting to read all about Dick Snyder's latest African adventure. Whether or not one is planning a trip, it's so wonderful to read about people's experiences. And if they share photos, even better.

Hope you enjoyed the holiday.
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Leely- You are certainly a high point on Fodor's. Liz
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 05:20 PM

Thanks gang for the interest in hearing about the report and pictures. Am working on it. But, in the meantime a few tidbits. We had a great time with 2 nites in Mikumi, 5 in Ruaha and 3 in Selous. Got back to central Pa about 11:30PM on June 30th. Just about everything went smooth as clockwork. Foxes of Africa is a class act. Have some 700 digital images and 20 rolls of 35 mm film to go thru. The daughter likes sunsets, sunrises, trees and other neat things. Started report and rather than do a day by day one as the list of critters is simply too long I am attempting to reflect more on each camp overall. Will try and have such ready shortly. Since we stayed at mostly lodges or "fenced" camps in northern Tanzania and Kenya in previous trips,the experience of open camps in the south was definitely interesting with elephants and other critters literally across the window screen from us. More late. Dick
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 10:18 AM

Thanks Dick we will all be waiting in anticipation! Glad you seemed to have a great time. Where is your next trip??!!!
J
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 02:56 PM

Thanks Jules.
Not sure about next trip. I read somewhere on this board about serious travelers already working on a trip before doing the one just planned. I know it is so easy to get hooked on Africa but I kinda worry myself when I caught myself thinking where else on the continent I would live to visit before we finished the one to southern Tanzania. Time will tell but I certainly will enjoy reading reports from others. Which reminds me back to the keyboard and ....
Dick
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Hey there Dick! On the 6th of July you wrote: "back to the keyboard and......".
And what? I figured I had probably missed the report. I can't find it anywhere. Is it my computer?
Guess I'll have to try again in two weeks. Still wondering about all this exciting stuff. Liz
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 08:34 AM

Here it is, Liz - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34649444
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Patty for taking the time to post this for me. I looked all over the first 50 posts (I thought) and didn't see it and I even clicked on Dick's name from another thread and searched that. Duh!!!!!! Guess I need to get tri-focals or sumpthin. tee hee. Liz