Notices

desert homestead

Feb 9th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

desert homestead

Hi,

i am planning on trip to namibia in september..i was wondering if any of you have experience with new desert homestead and hore trails near sesriem (as i understand it moved from previous location last year)..it is most reasonably priced lodge in the area..or should i splash put for kulala desert lodge? Appreciate any feedback.
May 4th, 2006, 04:05 AM

Hi Markosan.

I have been to both Desert Homestead and Kulala Desert Lodge, and i personally like Desert Homestead more. The reason for this is the personal service you get and good home made meals , instead of fancy lodge food.. They are reasonably priced and i would not think twice to stay there again. They are situated about 30km from the Sesriem Campsite which is the entrance to the Namib Naukluft Park, where you can see Sossusvlei, but are in a beautiful area, and the sundowners and horse rides are recommended.
Hope this helps.
May 4th, 2006, 08:00 AM

markosan - I stayed at The Desert Homestead for two nights last month. As Sand_Lover said, the service was very personal and professional. Both our Sossusvlei excursion and sundowner horseback riding guides were wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. However, I have never been to Kulala, so I cannot compare the two.

Search this Thread