Dennis's Pictures From Zambia March 2006

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis's Pictures From Zambia March 2006

Aloha! Finally got my pictures posted at: http://www.kodakgallery.com/dennisinzambia
Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them!
Dennis
(will finish trip report soon)
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM

Hi Dennis, some great shots and memories. My wife's said I'm no longer allowed to look at photos from this site - she's fed up with me moping about the house reminiscing about Africa and planning further trips without the neccesary funds to finance them

Matt
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM

Wowie!! Dennis these are just great. I loved the people and village shots as well.... I hope to get some like that. I'd say it looks like you had a fab "green season" trip!! Now I'm REALLY excited!

Woohoo!!!!!
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 03:40 PM

Dennis:

Awesome photos. I particularly liked the stork colony from the air, water lilies, kingfisher preening, dragon fly and dead spitting cobra. Anyone have any idea of what killed the cobra?Unusual to see one dead of natural causes.

Can't wait for the trip report!

Jan
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 03:45 PM

Nice pictures.
tom
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 03:52 PM

Enjoyed your photos Dennis! Especially the little bee eater, the cloud formations, aerial shots and of course the"animals have the right of way" sign!

My 1st trip to SA,Zim and Botswana was in Nov-Dec 2005 (Green season) and I am SO ready to go back during the dry season for contrast (the opposite what you did). There are so many choices its overwhelming but South Luangwa is for sure along with the Delta. I also want to do East Afica but I need to research if that would be 2 separate trips or if its possible to combine both. I am aiming for 2007 which seems so FARRRRRR away.
Where to next for you?
Carla
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM

Mahalo for sharing your pics, Dennis. I especially liked the close up of the zebra, the dragonflies, and the birds, quite a lesson in ornithology! The microlight flight looked incredible too. So when do you return?

Matt,
We're just a bunch of junkies and codependents here
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:35 PM

Great photos -- too many to list, but I really like the little bee eaters and the dragonflies.

Michael
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Jan-Victor was sleeping in his tent and heard a rustle in the corner. He jumped out of the tent (he's terrified of snakes) and called one of the other workers to whack it! They called us over to see it, glad it was dead, I'd have had nightmares if I saw it alive.
It won't be long for you!!!
Carla-Next trip is to Islands in Africa in Namibia with an add-on to Botswana or Kafue and a few days at Victoria Falls
Patty-Late October, early November. Not as fast a return as this trip..
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:48 PM

Wow, Dennis. These are great. All wonderful, but I think I actually like the landscape shots the best. That's some beautiful sky!
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:52 PM
DJE

Your photo album makes for a great souvenir of your wonderful trip. Lots of variety. Always like to see some people shots and interesting landscapes etc. as well as the beautiful wildlife. Thanks for posting.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 06:11 PM

Wonderful pictures, Dennis! I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I'm amazed that I've looked at a lot of pictures of zebras on this board, and I never realized that both their tails and their manes are striped as well as their bodies! Nature is truly bizarre... Only 6 weeks until we leave for zambia - like cooncat, we are really excited! Keep on with your trip reports - you're a good writer as well as a good photographer.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks stamiya! You're gonna love it! Report on Luangwa River Lodge is posted.
DJE-my pleasure!
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 06:50 PM
santharamhari

Dennis,

Thanks for sharing. Very nice pics....a good variety of everything. Also nice to see the pics of the camps. Tafika and LRL look very different and very interesting.

Hari

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:22 PM

Looking forward to your trip report!
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:26 PM

Wonderful photos! It's amazing to see Tafika Camp in the "green season". I was there in June 2003 and the river was so much lower. We approached from the opposite bank and crossed the Luangwa River in canoes. We stuck on sand bars halfway over.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:58 PM

Dennis

Some great shots, though I think we need to work on your bird ID's a bit ;-)
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:17 PM
johan_belgium

Dennis,

Thanks for sharing you beautiful pictures. It looks that I should give Zambia a try in the green season.

I especially liked the ones of the yellow-billed storks.

Greetings,

Johan

Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:19 AM

Hello Dennis, so much enjoyed looking at your photos. Nice to see the lodges again, the Puku area filled with water, wow. Wish i could have been on the boat at LRL, haha. To me it also seems that you saw much more game than we did in october 2005. I would love to go in the green season myself. The birds pictures are excellent. So were the air -shots, loved all your pictures actually. Happy to hear the spitting Cobra in Victors room was death. Was James still around?
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:32 AM
sandi

Dennis -

So many wonderful photos, just can decide on my favorite, but, absolutely loved the dragon flies. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -