Deal Reached Between Kenya Rivals

Feb 28th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Deal Reached Between Kenya Rivals

Let's hope this deal is for real. It would be great for all if they could start the reconciliation process and restore peace. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333446,00.html
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:20 AM

Let's all hope and pray that this is it.
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:51 AM

Fantastic news - the fact that Odinga referred to Kibaki as President indicates to me that it should be for real. It represents a huge turnaround from a couple of days ago which I assume is down to international pressure (US in particular)

Phil
Feb 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM

I hope and pray also that this is it. The people of Kenya need to get to their lives AND hopefully this news will bring people back to Kenya for their holidays

Praying that people will return back to the Masai Mara and get funds back into the Mara Conservancy. They only have three weeks of funds left for their patrols, etc.
Feb 28th, 2008, 01:49 PM

encouraging and hopeful

thanks for the post
Feb 28th, 2008, 02:10 PM

If you had told me several years ago that we would be completely preoccupied with the political situation in an African country, I would have laughed at the idea. But having made our first trip last year to East Africa, we have been consumed with getting back again (this coming August, both TZ and Kenya.) While part of my interest is selfish (our trip), we have been taken in by the suffering (past, current and ongoing) of so many innocents in Kenya these past months.

Much credit to Annan, who has proved that quiet words and patience are more powerful than most anything else. For the sake of the Kenyan People, I hope todays words from Kibaki and Odinga are acted out in days to come.

Jim
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:23 PM

hi all -

i'm a new member to this site.

i'm looking to travel to kenya and/or tanzania during mid/late-march 2008 for 2-3 weeks. this will be my first trip to africa. i know march-may is rainy season in kenya, but i will be taking this trip in between jobs, so time is VERY limited. i have yet to buy a plane ticket, find a travel agent, book a tour (with a small/intimate group), figure out where to go, etc.

for my first safari trip, would you recommend kenya over tanzania? should i split my time in both countries? and has anyone been to either countries in march/april? have any recommendations re travel agency/company, especially considering that i will be travelling alone (my first solo trip! - exciting & scary).

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Feb 28th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Otis72, what a cogent post. And like Lynn, I find this news hopeful.

yeswecan, you'll get many more replies if you start a thread of your own with a specific title "Kenya or Tanzania in May?" or something like that. I know Sandi often travels to East Africa in May.
Feb 28th, 2008, 08:13 PM

If this peace holds, I hope Kofi Annan gets the Nobel peace prize!