Days Inn, Cape Town

Mar 3rd, 2001, 01:20 PM
Woody

Days Inn, Cape Town

Hi
Has anybody stayed at the above hotel. Is it in a convienent location? We will have a car. It just happens to be reasonable priced for a stay over the Xmas period.

Its in Buitennngracht Street.

Any comments appreciated

Mar 4th, 2001, 05:10 PM
lee

CT can be expensive over the Xmas period. Depending on your home currency you can really win. I lived in CT many years ago and cannot place this hotel but it is not a street I would choose to stay on. How long will you be in CT? There are some wonderful B&B places. I would opt to stay in Sea Point or along to Camps Bay if possible. What price range are you looking at?

Mar 5th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Woody

Lee

I will be in CT from the 18 - 27 December. We are on holiday in Mauritius and SA for almost 5 weeks and therefore we are trying to keep the costs down as much as we can. Our main problem is that there are 3 of us and it is hotels like Days Inn that enables us to stay in one room rather than a double and single. to give you an idea -the price we have been quoted is R495+tax per night per room.

If you know of any nice B&B's or guest houses offering the same for a similar rate then I'd welcome your comments

Thanks
Woody

Mar 5th, 2001, 12:18 PM
lisa

Our favorite place to stay is Sir Francis (wwww.sirfrancis.com.) It is a converted apartment block run as a hotel. Nicely decorated. Living room with pullout sofa (comfortable mattress) bedroom,full kitchen and bathroom. 5 minute drive from the waterfront.Its on High Level Road so it has a great view. Probably about R200 more per day than the Days Inn rates that you quoted. Also has a tiny pool and breakfast (which costs extra.) Free parking and very helpful staff.

Mar 6th, 2001, 05:26 AM
tracy

I've seen the Days Inn hotel from the outside - haven't stayed there or know of anyone who has. It doesn't look at all great- I think it may even be a converted office building. Have you tried the City Lodge group? They are much better and in a similar price bracket.

Mar 15th, 2001, 04:08 AM
lee

try vills rosa [email protected] in sea point. Sorry I don't have a number.

Jun 11th, 2001, 07:04 AM
james

Days Inn is a dump and not very central. Try Holiday Inn Greenmarket Sq.

Search this Thread