Day trip with Casual Cairo

Feb 3rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Day trip with Casual Cairo

We arrived in Egypt and day before our scheduled excursion with Lindblad Expeditions began. Since we had this day to spare we arranged a day trip with Debbie at Casual Cairo. She offers half a dozen day trips, we chose the one that would take us to Giza, Sakkara and Dashur. The experience was great with a very personable guide and driver.

In summary our entire trip to Egypt was everything we ever dreamed of. My wife and I are archaeology buffs and we pretty much saw it all. The Egyptian people were very friendly and easy to converse with.
Feb 3rd, 2010, 06:34 PM

My husband and I used Debbie for several days while we were in Cairo, and we have wonderful memories from that.

Hope you will post a trip report of your travel with Lindblad Expeditions.
Feb 3rd, 2010, 07:29 PM

That's my Girl Debbie
Feb 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM

Can you please post Debbie's contact information? We have our last day free in Cairo at the end of the trip. We may want to contact her. Thanks
Feb 4th, 2010, 01:29 PM

Okay here it is.

[email protected]
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:08 AM

Can you post the cost of the day trip to the pyramids, sakkarra and daschur? Does Debbie include entrance fees? What is reasonable for a private car from downtown hotel for the entire day?
Feb 11th, 2010, 08:39 AM

Here is the website: http://www.casualcairodetours.com/index.html -- it does give a general idea of prices. You can find much cheaper people/companies and, not being rich, we hesitated at first using her for the days we were in Cairo, but are so glad we did go with her. There's a very good reason she is so much in demand.

Debbie is very sensible and easy to get along with, will try and find out what level of expertise you want, and will give you honest advice, so don't be shy to contact her with your questions. If she feels she would not be the best person for what you want, she'll say so and refer you elsewhere.