Day trip to Tangiers?

Jan 12th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Day trip to Tangiers?

I'll be visiting the south of Spain for two weeks in April and I thought I'd like to do a day trip to Morocco. Tangiers would obviously be the closest city to explore. I'm not even sure what there is to see there, can someone give recommendations? I was thinking a day long tour would be a good choice for us. I'll be travelling with my 70 year old parents and my 8 year old child.
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:08 AM

I am thinking of doing the same in June. Any suggestions would be great. Two girls in their mid 20's....
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:25 PM

Skip Tangier. If have time to take the train to Rabat, Fez or Marakesh or can fly into one of the more major tourist destinations (fares from Spain can be quite cheap) I think you will be much more pleased with your visit to Morocco. There has been quite a bit posted recently in the europe forum of Fodors about Morocco and if you haven't looked before you might do a search in that section.
Apr 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM

To the original poster and the two girls in their 20s, I cannot urge you strongly enough to NOT visit Tangier as a day trip- especially travelling with older people and children. It does not make for a good experience - very exhausting and only really shows you the worst Morocco has to offer (agressive salesmen, fast-talking guides, etc) . Tangier is the kind of city whose charms are revealed over several days.

Save Morocco for a trip of its own - and even then, there are plenty of places I'd recommend you visit before Tangier.

Search this Thread