Day rooms in Nairobi

Aug 13th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Original Poster

Day rooms in Nairobi

I've got a six hour layover in Nairobi from 4pm to 10pm. Does anyone know of dayrooms close to the airport (NBO)?

Aug 14th, 2003, 03:59 AM
LizFrazier

Most of the hotels in Nairobi offer day rooms. Email a few and ask about the rates and hours for dayrooms. Since tourism is down so badly, you should have your pick. Liz

Aug 14th, 2003, 04:49 AM

Liz, aren't you getting a day room directly at Kenyatta Airport, or was that at Wilson?
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:08 AM
LizFrazier

Wilson.

Aug 14th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Original Poster

Hi Liz,
Can you tell me about your day room at Wilson? I saw your posting on the Aero Club but I can't find more information on the web.

Thanks, Rod
Aug 15th, 2003, 04:45 AM
LizFrazier

Rod-
I know every hotel in Nairobi offers dayrooms. I have personally had dayrooms in many different Nairobi hotels. Its just the regular rooms that they base the charge on how long you use the room, so to speak.
I think Wilson Airport is pretty far to go for one unless you are coming through there on your way to JKIA. Here is the email address:
[email protected]

Aug 15th, 2003, 05:24 AM
LizFrazier

Rod-
On seeing your post again, I notice you were interested in the room, not the email address. I will let you know on my return about it as I know next to nothing about it. I wanted to get away from Nairobi as quickly as I could when the latest threat of terrorists was announced in May. We had planned to overnight and rest in town before going to the Mara. I had heard of the Aero Club in passing somewhere and I searched for hours using Google, before I found it. I have read that it is a private club for members only. They have 12 rooms (?) and I contacted them by email to see if one could get a dayroom there. They said yes and since they had space, we booked it because we couldn't make the early flight to the Mara and the next one was at 3PM. I inquired about a place to grab a bite and was told there was a place in Wilson airport. As I recall from previous trips, Wilson is about like the airport at Maun. We just wanted a place to shower, change clothes after 2 days in transit and perhaps catch a quick nap before we arrived at Governors Camp.
I know the room is not very expensive, but my communications are in schillings with them and all by email.
This is not anything but a place to rest. Nothing of note I am sure. I won't judge it by ambiance, food or accommodations. Just that it will fill a need for us at a time in need. Liz

Search this Thread