Is Dubai too hot in June?

Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Dubai too hot in June?

I have the opportunity to stop over in Dubai for a few days in late June. How restrictive will the heat be, and what sort of things will I still be able to do? I am used to roughing it a bit.<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR><BR>Andrew
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 08:39 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Andrew -<BR><BR>Dubai can be miserable in June. It's incredibly hot and humid - most of the western expats who live in Dubai flee to cooler climes during the summer. The temps are well above 100 degrees F plus some pretty awful humidity.<BR><BR>I've visited Dubai in the summer months - there's still plenty to do, but if you hope to lay on the beach or play golf, you'd do better to visit in the cooler months of October-March.<BR><BR>Fortunately, Dubai is well air conditioned!<BR>
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 06:43 AM

Andrew,
I have seen a special offer , staying at the Ritz Carlton, and could go the first week of September , will it be too hot to go on the beach. at this time of year,
I would appreciate a reply ,
Regards Donie
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 12:06 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Donie -

I was in Dubai two weeks ago. It was very hot, but less humid than the last time I visited - a fluke no doubt.

The average temperature in Dubai for the month of September is 103F. The normal temps from May-Sept are 104-113F. Lows in September are around 77F (after dark of course).

Hotel rates drop significantly between May and September, so good deals are not uncommon.

As far as beach activities go, it will depend on how tough you are. Just yesterday several of us went jet skiing in the Gulf here in Kuwait - it was 113F, but we had fun just the same. The water temp was too hot though - not much fun for swimming.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 04:40 AM

Have you seen the latest issue of Conde Nast Traveler? It has a huge color spread on Dubai, along with the most interesting map of Dubai developments. I would never have dreamed the middle east could be so intriguing or pretty.

Jenny