Dan Panorama or Mt. Zion- Jerusalem?

Nov 18th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Dan Panorama or Mt. Zion- Jerusalem?

I am getting ready to book hotels for my first trip to Israel in July. I am thinking of either booking the Mt. Zion hotel or the Dan Panorama. I have read very mixed reviews of the Mt. Zion hotel (quite run down and not so clean- although beautiful building, setting, and pool area) and better reviews about the Dan Panorama. I'd love to hear comments from folks who may know both hotels. Also...Any opinions about Maagan Holiday Village on Kinneret? That is may be an option although my preference may be Scots Hotel.
Nov 20th, 2005, 06:18 AM

we stayed at the Dan Panorama this past August 2005 - I would recommend it! Our kids enjoyed the rooftop pool at the end of the day - and it is walking distance to the Old City (i think Jaffa gate)It is a great location - you can also walk to the cool neighbohood of Rehavia, with cafes, restaurants etc.abt 3/4 mile away. The breakfast was great and to be honest, I don't remember the rooms - you do so much, you just sleep in the room!
Nov 20th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. I think that we will go with Dan Panorama.The more I read about it, it sounds like the right choice.
Nov 21st, 2005, 02:23 PM

I'll be staying at Dan Panorama, I think, with Trafalgar tour in mid-March. Print out this thread and keep it till the end of March (so you remember my name), I'll come back with a report.

Search this Thread