Dahabiya Nile Cruise for 4 Nights, Help?

Mar 23rd, 2019, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Dahabiya Nile Cruise for 4 Nights, Help?

We are hoping to do a 4 night Dahabiya Nile Cruise but are surprised at the various price points. Looking for boat recommendations that are probably a mid-point price but what is the difference between the lower-end and luxury, etc.? Any insights, companies, boat ideas would be appreciated.
Mar 24th, 2019, 09:26 AM

Since you haven't gotten other responses I'll give my take on prices in general in Egypt. Still just coming out of a long tourism slump, infrastructure in Egypt in general and especially as it relates to tourist infrastructure, has suffered and much is in a sad state except at the top tier. I usually travel on a budget and while travel in Egypt is relatively cheap, I found the secret to avoiding great disappointment was to pay as much as I could possibly afford. As a result, I adjusted upward as I went along. Hotels, for instance, that were recommended in the latest available guides (not new ones as publishers had stopped issuing new editions), were far from the standard described. So, as it relates to your nights on the river, choose ones that interest you and read very recent reviews. If you can't find reviews from the last several months I'd move on.

Last edited by MmePerdu; Mar 24th, 2019 at 09:35 AM.
Mar 24th, 2019, 07:55 PM

I did the three night with Djed and it was the highlight of our trip. I have a trip report here on the forum with a link to my blog and photos