Cruise for old age pensioner

Mar 15th, 2001, 07:11 PM
noeleen

Cruise for old age pensioner

I forgot to say in my previous post that I
am taking my father with me who is 84yrs of
age. Will there be any problems that I should be aware of. He is fairly mobile and I am hoping as it is a 7 night/6 day cruise
that it will not be to strenuous for him. Am
I being over optimistic.

Mar 16th, 2001, 12:34 PM
jnewberne

Hello Noeleen,

I did not see your previous message, and cannot seem to find it on the message board, however, if you are looking for a cruise to take your father who is 84 years old on, then I highly recommend that you give my sister a call. Her name is Jo Wood, she is with CruiseOne, and is just incredible at booking wonderful cruises--and usually getting the lowest fare. The reason that I am recommending her is because she books cruises for my parents (our mother is turning 75 and our Dad is 80), so she can completely understand your needs, and she and my brother-in-law have also taken a cruise with them in the past year! So, she is a wealth of knowledge--and my parents sound much like your Dad. They are fairly mobile as well, and they have even been able to go on cruises for as long as 10 days! Usually, they have booked 7 day cruises. But I think because she has intimate knowledge of your situation, she would be very helpful to you. Again, her name is Jo Wood, (her husband is George) and if you call her at her number in Connecticut, she will call you right back so that the phone call will not be charged to you. Just in case your wondering, although she is in Connecticut, because she is an agent for all cruise lines, she books for customers all over the country. I am not sure where you live, but calling her is kind of like calling American Express travel! (In a way, because she can book for you no matter where you are.) Her number is 1-860-675-6613.

I hope that this has been helpful, and I hope that you have a wonderful time!

Sincerely,
Judy Newberne
(Lexington, Mass)

Mar 16th, 2001, 12:49 PM
jnewberne

Hello Noeleen,

I just sent a reply to you, but in reading your message again, it appears that you have already booked your cruise with your Dad. If that is the case, then you will not need to call my sister to book a cruise. However, I can tell you that my parents have never had a problem on any cruises, and the cruises manage many, many senior citizens, so they go out of their way for elderly people. I do not foresee any problems at all and 7 days should not be too long for him. My parents loved the first cruise they went on several years ago, and they just keep getting more and more exotic with the locations they are traveling to--so you should have a wonderful time!

Judy

Mar 16th, 2001, 04:11 PM
noeleen

Hi Judy
Thank you for the replys. Yes I have already booked our cruise but I was just a little apprehensive in case the schedule was to hectic for my father. A lot of people say they are very tired after a day going around temples so obviosly I was concerned for my father, but I feel better after your response. By the way we are from Ireland.
All the best
Noeleen

Search this Thread