Crowds in Egypt

Oct 2nd, 1998, 08:11 AM
Laralyn

Crowds in Egypt

Hi! We are going to Egypt in about a week and want to know if tourism has picked up, and if the usual tourist sites are crowded. If anyone has been recently, we would appreciate hearing from you. Also, any advice regarding must see places, restaurants etc.. We will be in Cairo, Abu Simbel, Aswan and Luxor.

Oct 6th, 1998, 12:00 AM
Gloria Bunch

Sorry, I can't help you with your questions but I'm not going till November. I wanted to wish you a safe and great trip. We're taking Lonely Plant and Fodors guide books for help with getting the most info about all we plan to see. We have two cruise's planned and are going to the same places your headed. We also have a few days in Cairo to explore on our own. We went to the Doctor today and had tetanus shot. How's your packing going? Tempeture today in Cairo was 91 degrees but I still want to be conservative in my choice of clothes. Took me a while just to decide on a purse. I picked a larger one so I could carry water bottle in it.
Have a fun time and please post me a note on your trip when you get back I would appreciate your input on the trip. gloria

Oct 7th, 1998, 08:02 AM
Geeta

We've just returned from Egypt. Tourism is picking up, but we were told that there are only 25 boats on the Nile instead of 200! we found some sites quite crowded, but the heat was worse . Carry water and a big scarf , start early in the morning- it was scorching at 7am in the Valley of the Kings!Actually, after the crowds and traffic jams in Cairo , the rest of Egypt was blissful . Altho we were told to dress carefully . the tourists wear skimpy clothes anyway !Have a good trip.

Search this Thread