Could use some advice

Feb 5th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Original Poster

Could use some advice

Dear "Posters",

I am trying to plan a trip to Tanzania in Oktober and am thinking about a private semi-luxury/luxury tent safari for about ten days. Dont really have a tour planned yet, but would be very interested in what prices I could expect for such a safari.

Can anyone maybe recommend a tour operator where I could get a price quote - any help would be much appreciated. Email: [email protected]
Feb 5th, 2004, 11:57 PM

Here is a link to a few local operators:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/Countr...ators/Safaris/

Also, I have done extensive research and found "Tanzania Serengeti Adventures" to be consistently the least expensive. Their website is:
http://www.habari.co.tz/tsa/

Just for your information, I have received a price of about $2,570 pp from Tanzania Serengeti Adventures for the following itinerary in June:
Tarangire - Kikoti (2 nights)
Ngorongoro Crater - Serena (2 nights)
Serengeti - Kirawira Luxury Tented Camp (4 nights)

The only place that I would consider adding if you had a couple extra nights is Lake Manyara for a night or two, and maybe a night in Arusha if you arrive in the afternoon/evening.

The places I listed in my itinerary are pretty nice, so you figure if you add a night in Lake Manyara and a night in Arusha that you are probably looking at about $3,100 pp and that includes transfers, full board and game activities.
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:48 AM

Consider airfare as well when you are budgeting. I'd never in my life paid more than $500 for a plane ticket (a flight to New Zealand), but was shocked to find that the lowest ticket price available was more than three times that amount.

We used CCAfrica which was quite luxurious, though Grumeti is their only tented camp in Tanzania. On the right sidebar of their home page is a link to "safari offers" which can sometimes yield a lower price for a package tour (which is slightly alterable) than a customized tour.

Search this Thread