Cost of drinks etc

Sep 25th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Cost of drinks etc

18 days to go then it's Tanzania here we come!!

Thanks to all the useful advice on this board, I think we're OK on the amount of cash to take for tips. The only other things we have to buy are drinks & souvenirs, so I wondered if anyone can knows the rough cost of drinks at the Serena lodges in Tanzania. We will probably stick to beer, soft drinks & bottle(s) of wine.

Thanks

Sep 25th, 2004, 11:05 AM

The Serena lodges are pretty well priced. Tusk beer runs around 2.50 USD, soft drinks are free of charge and the house wine is about 30.00 a bottle. Thats what it was in July. Have a great trip. Oh by the way, stay away from mixed drinks if money is a concern. I ordered a margarita, it was awful and served in a glass the size of a shot glass. It cost 15.0o USD.
Sep 25th, 2004, 11:48 PM

I'll second katj232's observations. Prices are exactly what we found on our trip. Margarita info is also correct, I had a margarita at the first place and it was so awful that I kept ordering one at each lodge as a running joke. No two were the same, nor did any resemble a real margarita. It was kind of fun trying!

Search this Thread