Corporate Rates Question......

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is going to be a silly question but I'm afraid I just don't know the answer so here goes....
Can anyone book a Corporate Rate or do you need an id etc??
The reason I ask is that I am looking at a particular hotel (in the US) and while it says you need ID on checkin for the Federal Government Rate it doesn't mention anything similar for the Corporate Rate.

Thanks,
Imelda

(Hope no-one minds me asking a non-africa question here but )
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM

Imelda,
Here is my "special rate" answer. I always ask upon booking if there are any special rates. I belong to various groups and organizations that often merit such discounted rates. If those don't work I ask about a corporate rate. Sometimes the reservationist will just offer the corporate rate. I find it is more a matter of ask and see what you shall receive than anything. Hotel rates, like airline fares, are so random anyway.

Good luck and enjoy your US stay.
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Lynn,
I actually meant to post on the US forum but me being me this morning, I posted here by mistake and then I went to edit (I read somewhere you could!) and that's how I ended up with 2 posts !

Anyways, I suppose I'm just wondering if I booked the Corporate rate online, would anyone question me when I went to pay?! There's quite a difference in price and the corporate rate would be the dealbreaker.

I'm trying to save all my pennies for Bears - Brooks and Anan

Thanks again,
Imelda
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 07:46 AM

I spent 20 years in Hotel Management and in my experience the reservations dept may tell you that you need to show proof of your business affiliation (ie. your business card when checking in) in order to get the corporate rate (they probably won't these days). Some will ask you what company you are with and check if it's on their list of preferred clients for the corporate rate - and they may not bother.

So, bottom line is: book the corporate rate and you can be 99.999% certain if they don't mention showing a business card while making the reservation, the front desk clerk who checks you in will not ask for it either. Even if they do tell you that you will need to show ID, the f/d clerk won't ask to see it. Same goes for AAA/BCAA or other travel discounts - the only one they get very serious about is the Entertainment Card deals where they do want to see the card.

With so many hotel reservations being made on the internet these days getting discount rates (of any kind) is much easier and the rules are way more relaxed than they used to be. I always book the lowest rate, regardless of what it is (other than gov't rates - they do want ID) and never have a problem.

Hope this helps
Viv
www.wavejourney.com
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Viv!!
Actually Hubby does have a business card (but it's Irish) so I suppose he could take that along just in case .... I will take my chances and book the Corporate Rate.

Thanks again!!!
Imelda