Cooking classes in Morocco

Jan 28th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Cooking classes in Morocco

Has anyone taken cooking classes in Morocco? If so where, and what did you think of them? Anyone have opinions of the Maison Arabe hotel?
Jan 29th, 2006, 12:13 AM

I haven't done so myself, but back in May a friend of mine went to Fes and did a cooking class at Dar Roumana, which she enjoyed very much. The class included a visit to the souks to buy the ingredients. Fes is probably a decent choice, as it is Morocco's culinary capital, in addition to its status as the spiritual and cultural heart of the country. Many of Morocco's best dishes, such as B'Stella for example, originated here.
I know of people who have stayed at Maison Arabe and enjoyed it, it has a long standing reputation in Marrakesh.
Feb 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM

i just booked a cooking class ad La Maison Arabe....it was recommended and the website made it look very appealing..in April...i think it should be very good...people very familiar with Marrakech vouch for it
Feb 7th, 2006, 01:55 PM

Kleroux, oddly enough I do recall reading some feedback on La Maison Arabe cookery classes over on the European board! (I know, I know...)

Search this Thread