Converter / Adaptor Question

Dec 25th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Converter / Adaptor Question

My husband bought a power converter for me for Christmas (it's okay; it was on the list ), but it is really heavy! With all of our photo equipment, binoculars, etc. I'm starting to worry about the luggage restrictions, and I'd rather not bring the converter if it isn't necessary. I've gone back to look at some previous posts, but the info. seems contradictory. Thanks for your help.

By the way, most of my Christmas gifts are Africa / safari related, and so the whole thing is starting to feel real to me now! So excited!
Dec 25th, 2005, 11:45 AM
sandi

Most every piece of electronic equipment made today are dual voltage. If, in particular, this converter is for your camera equipment, do check that your battery recharger is dual voltage (it probably is) - no need for converter.

Hairblower - they're available in dual voltage, though many high-end properties often provide these. What you might need is the plug adapter - 3-sq. plug, if I recall for most of Africa (double check your country and plug requirement). This adapter plug can be used for your battery recharger also.

So what else needs juice?

Search this Thread