Conrad Maldives

Sep 17th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Conrad Maldives

I am considering the Conrad Maldives for my honeymoon on August 29, 2011-September 10, 2011. I will be coming from New York. I have read a lot of posts and a common theme seems to be that it is "expensive." Without context, it is very difficult to understand what that means. I am not concerned about the room prices because we will be using Hilton points -- I am wondering about the food and wine. How much is a dinner for two with a bottle of wine at the underwater restaurant? The wine cellar tasting dinner? The sushi place? And so on for the other restaurants. Can anyone give me actual numbers in US dollars (or an amount I can convert to dollars)? In addition, I am wondering what people enjoyed about their time there, and what activities you would recommend. The backdrop for this conversation is that I am trying to decide between this and the Hilton Nui in Bora Bora. Thank you so much for the courtesy of a reply-- much appreciated.
Feb 6th, 2011, 05:18 AM

I knoow this is an old post and the information may no longer be helpful to you but am respondind in case it is and/or to provide information to others. Caveat: I'm going to the Conrad next month, so my response is based on the information I have gathered from my research (i.e., reviewing the Conrad's website, communications with resort personnel, travel forum research).

Many of the restaurant menus are available on the hotel's website: http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...tyhocn=MLEHICI

Note that all food and beverages will incur a 10% service charge and new 3.5% tourism goods and services tax.

If using Hilton points for your room, breakfast is not included, UNLESS you are Hilton HHonors Diamond and choose the VIP package that includes breakfast. Otherwise, I think that breakfast is $35 pp for the buffet at the Atoll Market, and one or two other restaurants have a la carte breakfast options.

The dinners at the undersea restaurant (Ithaa) and the Wine Cellar are special, fixed menu dinners. Ithaa also offers a daily cocktail ($55 pp) and lunch ($195 pp) options. Dinner is $320 pp (excluding wine). The Wine Cellar dinner is $260 pp including wine pairings with each course. Other fixed menu dinners are in the $200s pp range, and the dinner buffet at the Atoll Market is $95 pp. I'm not a big eater, so I plan to eat most dinners at the a la carte restaurants which appear to be significantly less expensive for people who only want one or two courses. The Mandhoo spa restaurant has smaller portions thus the lower prices (since I understand that two dishes there are about equivalent to one entree at other restaurants), but the Sunset Grill and Vilu have entrees in the $40s - 50s, and Rangali Bar offers entrees, salads, sandwiches, snacks in the $20s range. The Rangali bar menu also has a wine list in it. Bottles start in the $50s, glasses in the teens. I also have seen the wine bar menu that includes a list of wines by the glass with prices in the high teens - $20s.

If you decided on the Maldives and have any questions you want me to answer after my trip, please let me know.

Search this Thread